Saturday, June 02, 2007

Memories: Guilt, Regret and Love

Someone close to me passed away last week. My mother has called and informed me while I was at work. Shocking it was even though we all knew it was about time. I was not crying, just a little overwhelmed.

I was planning to celebrate his birthday the next day. And I knew it maybe the last so I made extra effort to get Mr. Lover to be present too. But somehow, I actually arranged a meetup with a florist to get some errand done too on this day. Guilt creeped in at the thought of it.

I had realised this mistake and was about to bring forward the appointment. But then...nature declined me of this chance. I was feeling real bad, wondering is it cos of this appointment that made he departed earlier. I certainly hoped not. I regret not to have spend some more time with him.

What makes it worse is that I cannot be there to walk him through his last journey. I know he understands, and he loves me still. Just sad but not much tears.

To this man I love and respect, I will cherish beautiful memories you have given me and be assured that I will take care of those you cannot put down. Bless me from the land of peace above in everything I do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Reginmars said...

My sincere condolences... Take heart in the fact that for all the loved ones around you, you can still make the most of it. Spare time for those who mean the world to you and for those who can do with your presence. For what it's worth, thank you for being there, especially these few days. You are, indeed, a wonderful friend :)

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

活着的人要更坚强!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home