Monday, March 05, 2007

My First Earthquake

One thing I like about Singapore is its geographical location. From young, we learn from geography teachers how well Singapore is located. Subtlely, it drills the illusion of no earthquakes, no volcanoes right into my mind.

Then when I grow older, you read from the news that yes, we are well protected by our neighbouring countries. So we escape the possible tragedies that may happen to us during the tsunami or earthquakes. Though sometimes we can feel the tremour (selected areas) and so on, but we are safe.

Frankly speaking, it did not incur to me that I may experience earthquake or tremours in Singapore. And one day if I do experience earthquake, it would probably because I am out of town. BUT I experience my first earthquake right here in SINGAPORE.

I was sitting down in my small office cubicle and analysing some data. The suddenly, my data shifted! I feel giddy then. I looked at the time at the bottom right corner of my computer screen - 11:51a.m. For a moment, I thought it is the cause of the hunger pang .

It took me a while to realise it might be more than hunger spell, then many heads pop up from my neighbouring cubicles, " Did you feel it? Earthquake?"

"EARTHQUAKE?? What should I do? ", I was thinking in my heart. No one is running panickly around me. Anyway, it was lunch time, so let's take a short break from this shakingbuilding... ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home