Courtesy Begins with You?
Haha does the tagline "Courtesy begins with you and me" rings a bell to you?
Maybe yes maybe no. But frankly speaking, I feel super strongly for it now.
For the past months, my encounters in the train/bus, both good and bad, have been pushing me to post about it. I am not sure if other pregnant friends tell you so, but I am sure going to tell you some irritating incidents.
1) Never stand near friends (esp more than 2) that are sitting down. They typically will not give up seats cos they are comfortably chatting as if they are in the cafe. There are usually 2 scenarios: One give up seat and all stand up or none sees you at all.
2) Never stand near aunties/uncles (40s or 50s, not seniors) who always want the public to call them by yonger titles, e.g. sis/bro. But when come to having a seat, they are the first to admitting old. They even snatch seats that are intentionally gave up for you. From my statistics, the ones that usually give up seats are those in the late twenties to the early thirities and occasionally the forties. I initially thought that the child-born aunties would be more kind. BUT you are seriously wrong.
3) Never stand near the "chinese chinese". I apologise if I sound like I am biased here, but really they are a bunch of "selfish selfishs". They can be "sleeping", then when their phone rings, they can miracously wake up and talk so bloody loud and when the call ends, they are "sleeping" again. There is a particular case I am so mad about: This chinese man was learning to sing bible songs to praise the lord and so on, and again blind to the surronding. Apparently, his love is only to himself. I thought he should practising to love all??!!?
Ok Ok I know i sound super biased. Not all chinese chinese are like that. But those on the train/bus that I have met so far are really so. Their talent: Indifference to the surrounding, definitely surpass us.
4)Oh yes, did I also mention there are some public who will ask you to "wake" these inconsiderate people who are sitting on the so-called designated seats? (I never did.) They will then openly critise these people. (even though I am unhappy, I do not express myself openly) And to your horror or at least mine, some inconsiderates actually stared at you, as if you offended them. Hello, I m not the one scolding you ok. I just happen to be a pregnant that stands near you. It is ok if you do not give up seats, but you do not have to add oil to the fire.
Ok, enough of complaining. Just for fun, till date there are 27 men and 36 women who give their precious seats to me (ever since I start counting). Thank you so much. :)
Maybe yes maybe no. But frankly speaking, I feel super strongly for it now.
For the past months, my encounters in the train/bus, both good and bad, have been pushing me to post about it. I am not sure if other pregnant friends tell you so, but I am sure going to tell you some irritating incidents.
1) Never stand near friends (esp more than 2) that are sitting down. They typically will not give up seats cos they are comfortably chatting as if they are in the cafe. There are usually 2 scenarios: One give up seat and all stand up or none sees you at all.
2) Never stand near aunties/uncles (40s or 50s, not seniors) who always want the public to call them by yonger titles, e.g. sis/bro. But when come to having a seat, they are the first to admitting old. They even snatch seats that are intentionally gave up for you. From my statistics, the ones that usually give up seats are those in the late twenties to the early thirities and occasionally the forties. I initially thought that the child-born aunties would be more kind. BUT you are seriously wrong.
3) Never stand near the "chinese chinese". I apologise if I sound like I am biased here, but really they are a bunch of "selfish selfishs". They can be "sleeping", then when their phone rings, they can miracously wake up and talk so bloody loud and when the call ends, they are "sleeping" again. There is a particular case I am so mad about: This chinese man was learning to sing bible songs to praise the lord and so on, and again blind to the surronding. Apparently, his love is only to himself. I thought he should practising to love all??!!?
Ok Ok I know i sound super biased. Not all chinese chinese are like that. But those on the train/bus that I have met so far are really so. Their talent: Indifference to the surrounding, definitely surpass us.
4)Oh yes, did I also mention there are some public who will ask you to "wake" these inconsiderate people who are sitting on the so-called designated seats? (I never did.) They will then openly critise these people. (even though I am unhappy, I do not express myself openly) And to your horror or at least mine, some inconsiderates actually stared at you, as if you offended them. Hello, I m not the one scolding you ok. I just happen to be a pregnant that stands near you. It is ok if you do not give up seats, but you do not have to add oil to the fire.
Ok, enough of complaining. Just for fun, till date there are 27 men and 36 women who give their precious seats to me (ever since I start counting). Thank you so much. :)



1 Comments:
No. 4 is funny! People are SO very weird....that's all I can say.
Looking forward to hearing your good news!
Post a Comment
<< Home