More Fear sets in... ...
Dunno if it is because i am older now or because I have more commitments now. The recent economic turmoil is certainly not making me feel at ease.
Did I lose my confidence? Or is the situation really bad? At times, while resting or listening to news update about the pessimistic market, I will have thoughts about what should I do if I am retrenched? Will I be able to find a job?
Retrenchments sounds very distant to me long time ago. Maybe because I always thought the seniors or those who are earning more will be more affected. Or that I have more youth to bet on.
But now that with the retrenching in many MNCs, I fear for my future in my current small company. Especially with the government leading pay cuts and reducing bonus, I am more and more skeptical on how this small company can cope.
I have a close gal friend who is making her another career move. I am really happy for her admist the dark clouds looming, she is still of market value and really popular with the employers. What about me? Do I have such talent?
Joy is a little not joyful today. Probably thinking too much. But at least I am preparing myself. Maybe I should start to pick up new skills. Ha ha, More prayers too for the global economy to have a speedy recovery.
Did I lose my confidence? Or is the situation really bad? At times, while resting or listening to news update about the pessimistic market, I will have thoughts about what should I do if I am retrenched? Will I be able to find a job?
Retrenchments sounds very distant to me long time ago. Maybe because I always thought the seniors or those who are earning more will be more affected. Or that I have more youth to bet on.
But now that with the retrenching in many MNCs, I fear for my future in my current small company. Especially with the government leading pay cuts and reducing bonus, I am more and more skeptical on how this small company can cope.
I have a close gal friend who is making her another career move. I am really happy for her admist the dark clouds looming, she is still of market value and really popular with the employers. What about me? Do I have such talent?
Joy is a little not joyful today. Probably thinking too much. But at least I am preparing myself. Maybe I should start to pick up new skills. Ha ha, More prayers too for the global economy to have a speedy recovery.



1 Comments:
i guess if u know how many projects/orders ur co has, it would deride some of ur retrenchment fears. having said that, there are companies who are still hiring, just that it is lesser now. so all is not lost. in work, i think it's important to have a niche and more importantly, to be damn good at what u do, so that u'll still be in demand :) cheer up! dun tink too much!
Post a Comment
<< Home