Soulmate vs Lover
Had a coversation with a friend recently. We were discussing the difference between a soul mate and a lover. According to www.dictionary.com, a soul mate is someone for whom you have a deep affinity with; a lover is one who loves another, especially one who feels sexual love.
Well personally, I feel soul mate is probably someone you can really talk to. He just knows what you are thinking, on the same wavelength. Sometimes there is no need for words and yet can also understand each other. And lover is probably someone whom you have affections for and is a significant part of your life. Soul mate and lover can be the same person, but most of the times they are different.
Hmm...so will a soul mate be a better lover? I guess only those who have soul-mate = lover will know. But I guess one needs much courage and confidence to move from the status of soulmate to a lover. After-all, the relationship of being soul-mates seems much more lasting than lovers.
Well personally, I feel soul mate is probably someone you can really talk to. He just knows what you are thinking, on the same wavelength. Sometimes there is no need for words and yet can also understand each other. And lover is probably someone whom you have affections for and is a significant part of your life. Soul mate and lover can be the same person, but most of the times they are different.
Hmm...so will a soul mate be a better lover? I guess only those who have soul-mate = lover will know. But I guess one needs much courage and confidence to move from the status of soulmate to a lover. After-all, the relationship of being soul-mates seems much more lasting than lovers.



2 Comments:
Every one of us has a different view on their soul mates. What makes a soul mate? To me, soul mates cuts across religion, culture, age or even gender. Marriage does not define a soul mate cos the person u sleep with doesn’t always become ya soul mate. Soul mates are connected with shared memories of past experiences, whether or not the memories are beautiful or sad. To me soul mates often speak the same phrase at the same time. Coincidence. Destiny
Yup I agree with you. :)
Nice thoughts over here. And I really appreciate you commenting on my post.
At least now I know I have another responding reader besides reginmars.
Post a Comment
<< Home